Sunday, April 12, 2009

Last Minute Tax Info!

Many Federal and State tax forms and instruction books, including the 1040, 1040EZ, 1040A, and associated schedules, are available at the library. If there’s a form we don’t have, you can print a copy of the form from the IRS website at the library at no charge (instruction books excluded).

Taxpayers who need more time to complete their returns can get an automatic six-month extension of time to file their tax returns by filing Form 4868, Automatic Extension of Time to File. The extension gives taxpayers until Oct. 15 to file the tax return An extension does not give the taxpayer an extension of time to pay, but the IRS does offer some payment options.

This year, anyone, regardless of income, can e-file their extensions at no cost from a home computer using IRS traditional FreeFile or FreeFile Fillable Forms. For more information, visit

No comments:

Post a Comment