Friday, February 19, 2010

Contributions for Haiti Relief Can be Deducted on Your 2009 Tax Return

A new law allows you to choose to deduct certain charitable contributions of money made after January 11th and before March 1, 2010 on your 2009 tax return instead of your 2010 return.

The new law was enacted after the 2009 forms were printed. For more information and details on how to deduct you charitable contributions, visit the IRS Website, or pick up Notice 1396 at the library.

Many Federal and State tax forms and instruction books, including the 1040, 1040EZ, 1040A, and associated schedules, are available at the library. If there’s a form we don’t have, the library can make a copy of the form at no charge (instruction books excluded).

No comments:

Post a Comment