Here is the process for checking out a library eBook for Kindle:
- Visit the CLAMS ‘Virtual Branch’ website: http://clamsnet.lib.overdrive.com/
- Browse and "check out" a Kindle book, using your CLAMS library card number.
- Click the ‘Get for Kindle’ button. This opens the Amazon.com website. You may be required to sign in with your Amazon.com account if you are not already logged in.
- Select a Kindle device or Kindle reading app. Click the ‘Get library book’ button and sync your device or app to download the book, or choose to send it to your device via USB.
- An active Wi-Fi connection is required for wireless delivery to a Kindle device. If your Kindle is not Wi-Fi capable or you do not have an active Wi-Fi connection, read Amazon’s instructions for transferring files via USB.