Saturday, December 3, 2011

Art in the Stacks: Bill Buckley

The Friends of the Vineyard Haven Public Library are pleased to present an exhibit of paintings by Bill Buckley. The exhibit will be on display during regular library hours throughout the month of December. "Art in the Stacks" is an initiative of the Friends of the Vineyard Haven Public Library, to provide individual artists an opportunity to show their work, and for library patrons to enjoy art at the library throughout the year.

Artist's Statement:

My name is Bill Buckley and I would like to share with you my enthusiasm for painting. Through the forty years I have been painting I have found countless points of inspiration allowing me to work in various mediums. As a painter I work mostly in acrylics, oils and mixed media, but I also enjoy drawing, printmaking and sculpture. I am interested in contrast in colors, the geometry of lines and circles, and visual imagery. My influences are many, and include Picasso, Monet, Gauguin, Botticelli, Magritte, Hopper and Dali to name a few. Much of my subject matter comes from inner visions and dreams and looking at the world though an abstract eye. I have recently been painting more on location and I use the Martha's Vineyard scenery as inspiration.

For more information on this artist, visit http://paintingsbybillbuckley.com

No comments:

Post a Comment