The Martha's Vineyard Boards of Health have recently launched a website resource on tick-bourne illnesses at http://www.mvboh.org/tbioverview. The site provides information necessary to minimize TBI exposure, to recognize its early symptoms, if exposed, and to seek prompt effective therapy, if symptomatic. This site also contains data currently being collected throughout our county.
The library has a number of recent books and other materials covering the disease and its treatment, including the following:
- Healing lyme disease coinfections by Stephen Harrod, Buhner Healing Arts Press, 2013
- Beyond Lyme disease by Connie Strasheim, BioMed Publishing Group, 2012.
- The beginner's guide to lyme disease by Nicola McFadzean, BioMed Publishing Group, c2012.
- Lyme disease : the ecology of a complex system by Richard S. Ostfeld, Oxford University Press, 2011
- Beating Lyme : understanding and treating this complex and often misdiagnosed disease by Constance A. Bean with Lesley Ann Fein, AMACOM American Management Association, c2008
- Cure unknown : inside the Lyme epidemic by Pamela Weintraub, St. Martin's Press, 2008
- Outwitting ticks by Susan Carol Hauser, Lyons Press, c2001
- Under our skin [DVD], Open Eye Pictures, 2008