Thursday, August 15, 2013

Art in the Stacks: Peter Mallen

The Friends of the Vineyard Haven Public Library are pleased to present an exhibit of coastal landscape paintings by Peter Mallen. The exhibit will be on display during regular library hours throughout the month of August. “Art in the Stacks” is an initiative of the Friends of the Library, to provide individual artists an opportunity to show their work, and for library patrons to enjoy art at the library throughout the year.

Artist's Statement:

"I am a Boston artist who works in various media - sculpture, painting, and graphics. Like many artists, I work in series. Each successive piece evolves from the previous and, for me, this process encourages a natural flow of concept, technique and product. I also work in a cycle dictated by the seasons. In fall and winter, I work indoors in my studio, chiefly producing paintings and works on paper. In the spring and summer, I work outside on sculpture. My multiple-media interests are represented here because I think the juxtaposition of the various media works well together, and also because the approach and manner in which they are produced is similar. They are similar, also, in their design and their focus on surface and finish. I am currently working in oil on landscape paintings of the New England coast and mountains."

http://petermallen.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment